Tuesday 24 January 2012

I've been thinking lately...

I have recently restarted my personal progress, yes I’m 23 years old and I haven’t finished it. Well I sat down with a young women’s leader in my family ward and we discussed the things that I needed to do to get it finished. After we had gone through the entire book, there wasn’t really much that I had to do. I was quite surprised and a little shocked at myself for not finishing it when I was in young women’s. It makes me sad to think that I honestly thought it was a waste of my time way back in those early years, and now think it is the GREATEST thing that I have ever done! I was an idiot. Right now I’m working on the value of Faith. I have been praying morning and night, which I never do consistently until now. It hasn’t even been a week yet and the Lord has been able to help me in so many ways. Even just little things. It has been great to be able to kneel down in prayer and be able to speak with my Heavenly Father and feel of His love. As I put my faith in Him every day I see myself becoming a stronger and more humble member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been an amazing experience!

This week I also had the opportunity to go on a church tour with my friend and some missionaries. We walked throughout the church as the missionaries talked about how the priesthood has been on the earth and then taken away. While they were explaining this, we were walking through the gym and all the lights were off. They had set up some pictures and shined a light onto a certain pictures of different prophets like Adam, Noah, and Moses. It was a very simple explanation and I loved it. After that we headed into a room that was filled with pictures of the Savior from His birth to His death. There was music playing softly in the background and it really set the mood for the room. As I walked around and looked at all the pictures, my heart started to pound. It brought me back to when my family and I went to Israel and got to see some of the amazing sites that we read about in the bible. I was reminded of the peace that I had felt at the Garden Tomb and at the Garden of Gethsemane.

I had almost forgotten how to felt to be at those places, but walking into that room with the Spirit I had felt brought me right back to those wonderful places. I didn’t think I was going to cry, but of course I was wrong. It was amazing the peace, comfort, love and joy that I was able to feel in that little room with only pictures. In most of the pictures Christ was giving service to His fellow men. I have thought time and time again that I should really do some service and volunteer somewhere. I also feel like I need to be more Christ-like toward others. Giving service was one of my new year resolutions, so I’m going to work on that soon. Anyways, back to the tour. It was amazing and the missionaries who bore their testimonies are great men, and I’m grateful for them and their example. I can’t wait to raise some boys and have them go on missions!

So I was going to post a really good video on here, but I don't know how. Go to YouTube.com and search Reflections of Christ. It's a gooder. You won't regret it.


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I miss going out as a missionary. I need to go on exchanges with the missionaries! Feeling the Spirit is absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting it reminds me of things I have wanted to and need to do but haven't got to it!

    ReplyDelete